Noun(1) graphic art consisting of an artistic composition made by applying paints to a surface(2) creating a picture with paints(3) the act of applying paint to a surface(4) the occupation of a house painter
Verb(1) make a painting(2) apply paint to; coat with paint(3) make a painting of(4) apply a liquid to; e.g., paint the gutters with linseed oil
(1) This is partly to be explained by the decline of narrative painting as a vigorous art form in Australia; the medium of film has to a large degree superseded this art form.(2) Less well developed are the arts of painting , sculpture, and carving.(3) Yet people do still make a pilgrimage to see Leonardo's original painting in the Louvre.(4) The art of painting , many artists believed, ought to have grander aspirations.(5) The second batch will be trained in pencil drawing, watercolour painting, oil painting and acrylic painting .(6) After studying painting and graphic design locally, he went to the United States to further his art education.(7) The title of Paul Gauguin's well-known painting makes a handy list of questions that researchers hope to answer by studying supernovae.(8) Seeing and knowing could not be made congruent in mimetic painting .(9) The statement invites generalization to all of modernist painting .(10) He also suggests the distance we have come from earlier traditions of modernist painting .(11) Mack will be creating a new sculpture based on this painting , also with the cooperation of Liang.(12) The Suprematists took the art of painting and porcelain making to the ultimate extreme of complete abstraction, using the geometrical forms of the square, circle and cross.(13) a still life painting(14) pastels require a different approach to painting(15) a painting by Ôö£├┤ CÔö£┬íobhÔö£├¡in(16) For example, in art we are familiar with the genres of painting , drawing, sculpture and engraving.
(1) paint :: פאַרב
(2) oil painting :: בוימל געמעל
(3) cave painting :: הייל געמעל
(4) abstract painting :: אַבסטראַקט געמעל
(5) landscape painting :: לאַנדשאַפט געמעל
(6) watercolor painting :: וואַסערפאַרב געמעל
(7) painting brush :: געמעל באַרשט
(8) finger painting :: פינגער געמעל
(9) painting pictures :: געמעל בילדער
(10) painting album :: געמעל אלבאם
1. picture ::
2. color ::
3. daub ::
4. portray ::
5. tell ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Well, I'’ve spent a lot of time
The Big Bang Theory Season 12, Episode 3
would you ask him to stop PAINTING?
Money Heist Season 3, Episode 3
You know, the artist killed himself
shortly after PAINTING that.
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 10
There's a cave PAINTING in France
of one of my ancestors doing this:
The Big Bang Theory Season 4, Episode 23
Didn't need a lawyer to get me
out of finger PAINTING,
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 18
English to Yiddish Dictionary: painting
Meaning and definitions of painting, translation in Yiddish
language for painting with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of painting in Yiddish and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'painting'
What painting means in Yiddish, painting meaning
in Yiddish, painting
definition, examples and pronunciation
of painting in Yiddish language.